|Pharmaceutical||Statistical Analysis, Reporting|
|Telecom||ETL, Reporting, Data Mining, Forecasting|
|Financials||ETL, Reporting, Data Mining, Financial research|
|Predictive modeling||DBMarketing, Activity-Based Management|
|Healthcare||ETL, reporting, Data Mining|
Advantages of SAS
- SAS has an easy syntax that can be learned without any type of programming knowledge
- Ability to handle a large database with ease
- SAS is a very comprehensible language that can easily be debugged
- Its “log” window clearly states the error which helps you to debug your code easily
- SAS helps you thoroughly test and analyze the algorithm
- SAS is completely secured so you can’t extract without a license in the office
- Makes statistical computing easier for the non-programming users
- Handles large size databases effectively.
Disadvantages of SAS
- Cost is high because individual or organization can’t use it all applications without a proper license
- SAS is not open source so, algorithms used in SAS are not available for common use
- Text mining is a very troublesome and difficult process in SAS.
- SAS software meaning Statistical Analysis Software which is used for Data analytics
- R and Python are two widely used alternative tools of SAS.
- SAS was developed by Jim Goodnight and John Shall in1970 at N.C. University
- SAS allows you to access raw data files & data in an external database of any kind
- SAS architecture is divided mainly into three parts 1)Client Tier 2) Middle Tier 3) Back tier
- To use SAS software you need to follow four steps which are: 1)Access Data, 2)Management 3) Analyze Data, 4) Presentation
- SAS Program consists of three basic steps: Data Step, Proc Step, and Output Step
- SAS data analytical tool is widely used in sectors like Pharmaceutical, Telecom, Financials, Predictive modeling, and Healthcare
- SAS is commercial software while R is an open source software
- The biggest benefit of the SAS programmer tool is that it has an easy syntax that can be learned without any type of programming knowledge.
- One of the drawbacks of the SAS model is that it is not an open-source tool. So, algorithms used in SAS procedures are not available for common use.
#probyto #probytoai #datascience #machinelearning #python #artificialintelligence #ai #dataanalytics #data #bigdata #deeplearning #programming #datascientist #technology #coding #datavisualization #computerscience #pythonprogramming #analytics #tech #dataanalysis #iot #programmer #statistics #developer #ml #business #innovation #coder #dataanalyst
Subscribe and follow us for latest news in Data Science, Machine learning, technology and stay updated!